Introduction to Urban Underground Space Planning, Development and Research
Train station's project: Saint Denis, Paris
You have the opportunity to study the global tendencies in urban underground space use with leading specialists, researchers and scientists.
The fee is charged separately.
Goals and objectives
The key topics regarding underground planning from the point of the modern city issues will be discussed. The participants will get the understanding and basic knowledge on efficient urban underground space use, will learn the major trends of the industry development and get information on research in the field of studying the urban underground space improvement.
The training seminar is designed for underground construction specialists involved in the urban planning and regional planning, resource management, public administration, researchers and scientists.
This seminar will help ACUUS 2016 participants get the maximum benefit from participation in the Conference.
When and where?
12 September 2016, 10.00-17.00
Saint Petersburg, Russia, Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya
(read more about venue)
Topics of the seminar
- History and classification of underground space use.
- Relation of underground space use to Sustainability, Resilience, Livability, and Urban Futures.
- Resource, energy, and land use; user competition and conflicts of interest.
- Master planning, zoning.
- Governance, administration, management.
- Policy and legal issues.
- Data analysis and tools for quantification and valuation of urban underground space, 3-dimensional mapping.
- Economics of urban underground space use.
- Architecture of underground spaces.
- Environmental issues and underground works.
JACQUES BESNER, CANADA
Nikolai BOBYLEV, Russia
DIMITRIS KALIAMPAKOS, GREECE
RAYMOND STERLING, USA
Instructor’s bio (read)
including PhD students,
and young researchers
without permanent contract
|Business and other|
|Until August 12, 2016||150
|After August 12, 2016
* *The fee includes and coffee breaks, as well as seminar materials.
When registering please answer these questions:
1. Any comments?
(including special meals, disabled access, personal interests regarding the seminar content)
2. Would you be interested in attending this course communicated in Russian?
The seminar participation will be acknowledged by an official certificate issued by both local and international organisers - the Association of Underground Builders, Associated research Centers for Urban Underground Space (ACUUS).
Questions and contact
Questions regarding seminar content should be addressed to Dr. Nikolai Bobylev at [email protected]
Questions regarding registration and certificate should be addressed to Alexandra Kiseleva at [email protected]
** The organisers reserve the right to make changes and corrections in the Programme.